There is an unlimited number of ways that you can monetize a website. You can earn extra money by blogging. Having a blog requires a strong vocabulary, impeccable grammar, and articulation in sharing your ideas and insights via a website or blogging platform.
Many bloggers are now thriving and making their writing as a full-time job. In this post, you’ll learn great ways to make money online through blogging. Even if you don’t use blogging as a bridge to becoming an influencer, you can benefit from your website alone.
Here are some of the sure ways that you can make money from your blog:
1. Sell Online Courses
Online courses are fun and immersive ways to learn different things in the comfort of your home. Nowadays, even prestigious schools offer online courses because of the influence of the Internet on the masses. If you have in-depth knowledge and expertise in a specific body of science, business, or any niche you can think of or you’re professional or licensed in any field. You can create your blog and sell online courses.
Here are the essential things you should consider when selling online courses:
- Learning Management System (LMS): It’s crucial to choose a reliable Learning Management System or LMS plugin on your site. In that way, you can make learning fun and easy for your students. As compared to a typical membership plugin, an LMS plugin entices online student users to take more lessons. It also helps build engagement on your site to increase your chance of retaining more students for a more extended period.
- Reliability and Speed: Make sure to choose a content management system that is fast and reliable. A slow WordPress site may increase users’ frustration, thus leaving your site unexpectedly. Make sure that your web elements are user-friendly and don’t crowd your system to ensure faster loading of information of your online courses.
- Content Relevance: When you’re creating your blogs and course content, make sure that they are relevant, objective, and proof-based. Provide your reference sources and give credit to authors and organizations who contributed to your course content.
- Product Diversity: Aside from online courses, you can sell other digital products, such as eBooks. You can even create your digital storefront so you can sell digital goods while you blog.
You can also write relevant blog posts about the things you’re teaching in your online course. You can link these articles to your classes or ebooks so that interested students can avail. Make sure that your session topics are exciting and in-demand.
2. Venture Into Ecommerce
You can start your own ecommerce business by creating an online store so you can sell physical products. One marketing strategy is subscription-based shopping, which is no typical ecommerce business. With a subscription-based company, it highly relies on custom retention instead of acquisition.
Subscription business models refer to selling products or services in which e-commerce entrepreneurs receive recurring subscription revenue monthly or yearly. It means that a customer pays recurring or multiple payments for a product or service.
Here’s how you can entice consumers to avail your products and services through your blog:
- Create Interesting Blogs: Most online shoppers get to a website as researchers. If you have fascinating blogs, you can captivate the hearts and minds of consumers who might consider signing up and availing your subscription-based goods and services. But of course, you should choose the right niche, create helpful and relevant content, and deliver them to the right audience.
- Integrate Social Media: Online shoppers use social media, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can create a summary of your content posted to your fan page and attach a link to your website directly to increase your traffic and increase your chances of convincing more consumers to try your products and services.
This consideration goes both ways. Either you make an ecommerce site from your blog, or you create a blog for your ecommerce website. If you’re wondering how you can use a blog to enhance your online shop, you can do that by writing about tips on how to use your sold products, or reviews on your best-selling and least-selling products.
3. Offer Freelance Services
It’s a good idea to offer freelance services to your blog website so you can make money online. Professionals, like healthcare professionals, business professionals, accountants, advocates, academes, and lawyers, can share their best practices and become consultants of small and medium-sized businesses.
Here are the different ways to sell your freelance services online:
- Start a Consulting Business: If you’re a digital marketing expert, an SEO expert, or probably a social media specialist, you can offer online consultation to small or startup businesses to earn money.
- Offer Writing Services: If you want to grow your writing career, you can offer writing services on your blog site. Of course, you should create online job profiles on online classified ads or freelance job sites, and attach the URL of your blog site to your CV or resume so prospective clients can click on them and see the services you’re offering.
You can also offer freelance graphic design or teaching gigs. You need to market your credentials and your services appropriately.
4. Affiliate Marketing
You probably have heard of affiliate marketing, which is a performance-based marketing strategy to help monetize a blog. You’ll get rewarded as affiliates for each customer you bring to the merchant or company through your independent advertising endeavors.
You can sign up with companies like ClickBank, Amazon Associates Program, or Shareasale to find relevant products to promote.
Blogging can be a great source of extra money for those who are passionate about writing. You can use your blog to promote products and services through affiliate marketing and get a commission. Also, you can sell digital products, such as ebooks and online courses too. Another great way to use your blog is to set up an e-commerce store and sell your physical products. All you need is a game plan and the creative spirit to get things started!