As you know, I’m involved with a startup called LifestreamBackup.com. Well, today we are officially rebranding ourselves Backupify! As it turns out, when you say “lifestream backup” to people outside the social media world, they think you’re an environmental product or nature preserve. We hug trees as much as the next guy or gal, but it’s not what we’re selling. (Rob has more of an explanation on the Backupify blog here.)
In order to help spread the word about Backupify, we are also making a couple of changes you can benefit from. First, if you haven’t heard yet, we’ll back up your Twitter account absolutely free. This lets you try Backupify out without having to pay anything, plus it backs up your Twitter database (tweets, followers, followees and direct messages). Even if you want to try out the full service, you get two weeks of everything for a free trial.
Second, we are very anxious to know more about your backup needs, so much so that we’re willing to offer up some rewards for your efforts. We have three Amazon gift cards, one for $250.00 and two for $100.00 (more on how to win those in a moment). We also have a supply of premium accounts (10 gigabytes of storage valued at $39.00 per year) to give away. In order to win, all you have to do is blog about Backupify. (YOU GET A FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT FOR ONE YEAR JUST FOR BLOGGING IT!)
We want to know one of the following things:
- What part of your online data (photos, emails, Tweets, Facebook data, etc.) is so important, you’d be devastated to lose it and why.
- What is the top online service we should add to Backupify.com?
- What is the best thing we could do now to improve the service of backing up your online data?
- Be sure to disclose you’re blogging about Backupify.com to enter our feedback contest and that you get a free premium account for doing so. (FTC and all … werd.)
Once you blog it, you need to do the following things to get a free premium account and enter the drawing for the Amazon gift cards:
- Email me (jason – at – socialmediaexp.wpengine.com) with the link to your post.
That’s it. We’ll take each entry, number them, place them into a random draw and pull out the two $100 gift cards, then the $250 gift card in a live drawing on Twitter on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2009 at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT. Rob May, Backupify’s founder, and I will conduct the drawing our very ownselves. And we may even live stream it to provide accurate transparency.
If you haven’t tried out Backupify yet, please do so. Learn more on the website.