Ever wonder what the main aim of any race is? Isn’t it securing the first position? This is precisely what SEO (Search engine optimization) does to your website. It suggests some key changes required to the content and layout of the website, which further pushes the ranking in search engines. More visibility of websites leads to more traffic and sales.
Search Engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo scan your website elements and content to match the requirement of the topics searched. And, then they push the relevant, genuine content towards the audience, which is commonly known as Crawling.
Search Engine optimization can derive organic traffic to the website. These are not any high technical functions, just small effective remarkable changes which can derive massive traffic to the website. Further, the enormous growth of digital marketing and the development of handy tools has made SEO easy to access.
This guide on SEO will today introduce you to some basics of SEO that can help you better grow online.
Different Types of SEO
- On-page SEO –
This generally deals with the elements of the website, which are visible at the front end like body, images, description, keywords, headers, footers, meta descriptions, and meta titles, UI (user interface), and UX (User experience).
There are many other elements that you should consider in on-site SEO:
- Researching keywords can help website in ranking
- Insert links that redirect to other pages of your website
- Meta title and Meta description can provide details to the search engine about the content.
2. Off-page SEO –
Off-page SEO includes all the work behind the website. It mainly includes link building and backlinking, which means adding links that redirect to another website sharing relevant content.
Guest blogging can also help here, which means writing content for another website. This will allow you to generate high-quality backlinks from high domain authority websites.
Linkbuilding helps you to show up for specific words or searches on google and other search engines. For example, if you are trying to rank for business cards with foil, you would want to focus on writing quality content on the subject, that authority sites would like to link too, because it provides a quality resource for their readers.
3. Technical SEO –
As the name suggests, it includes some technical steps which help the website to rank.
- Speed of the website
- User friendly
- Website structure – URL
4. Local SEO –
This SEO primarily focuses on increasing visibility in a specified audience, community, and city. Enhancing your online presence through Google my business – a free online tool to rank on Google, where you can insert your business name, Services, location, images, reviews.
What Can SEO Do For Your Business
- Talking about google as a search engine, it keeps changing algorithms to rank websites; SEO ensures timely updates and fill-ups requirements for any such changes
- SEO helps to bring genuine organic traffic that leads to an increased conversion rate
- A better option for the business that does not want to invest money for ranking
- Build up trust and reputation among the audience
- Reach towards the specified target audience
- SEO delivers a comparatively high return on investment than other channels like social media, paid search, emails, and referrals
- SEO maintain a competitive advantage for long term
- There is no time boundary; SEO can work 24/7.
SEO Strategies That You Should Try
These strategies include all the necessary systematic steps to go ahead towards the ranking of a website.
- Setting definite goals (Lead generation, signups, sales)
- Check the scalability of your SEO action plans
- Do a proper competitive analysis to improve strategy
- Research for impactful keywords for better focus
- Bring the best quality unique content
- Make site more user friendly
However, the two prominently used SEO strategies are:
Black Hat strategies
This is the strategy where too much repetition of keywords, copying content from another’s website, no proper link building, buying specified domain to manipulate traffic to the relevant website. Search engines penalized such practices.
White Hat strategies
These strategies are the opposite of black hat; they are more accurate and fair practices for SEO. Well-described content, images, titles, and description, Posting relevant and genuine content.
Search Engines are complex and unstructured; with millions of contents floating here, it is very difficult to write content and forget about it. Search engine optimization makes sure content in the website reaches the right audience in order to attract quality visitors who can pay for your products and services.
This SEO guide has covered all the important pointers that can help you improve your search engine ranking in no time. So, go and start practicing SEO today.