All year we’ve working to keep Giving Tuesday generosity alive each week. We’ve been featuring nonprofits and sharing tips.
In this final post of 2013, I asked a few people for their tips on keeping generosity alive in 2014. These are real people with really practical ideas.
Here are my two favorite.
Easy ways to keep Giving Tuesday generosity alive in 2014
Explore payroll deduction
- It is much easier than having to write a check or enter your credit card online
- It makes it easier to consistently donate, once you set it up, you don’t have to worry about it anymore
- It makes your contributions more valuable if your employer has a matching program
- At the end of the year, you have a record of exactly how much you gave for tax purposes
- You can typically choose from a variety of organizations (both local and national) to give to
Click Here for more information on how to give through payroll deductions.”
Jay Kelly, VP-Operations, Social Media Explorer
Don’t wait for “influencers”
“Be generous with your invitations; everyone has something to offer.
“In this social media realm of experts, followers and Klout, it’s tempting to only extend opportunities and partnerships to certain ‘influencers.’ But this year, I’ve been amazed and humbled by what less ‘established’ people offer when invited to contribute. Be open to giving everyone a chance; the potential rewards are worth it.”
Marlene Oliveira, Founder and Managing Editor, Nonprofit MarCommunity
What will you resolve?
Those are a couple ideas for helping keep generosity alive in 2014. What will you resolve to do?
Tell us in the comments!
Read more about Social Media Explorer’s #GivingTuesday program.