With more than 350 brands surveyed and interviewed, the report enables B2B marketers to make better decisions about influencer marketing. With virtually all influencer marketing research to date focusing on B2C or the industry overall, this is the first report focused exclusively on B2B influencer marketing from one of the most trusted voices in the B2B marketing space.”
B2B Influencer Marketing Report Finds “Always-On” Programs 12X More Successful Than Periodic Campaigns
The report shows B2B marketers are optimistic about influencer marketing yet not confident about their ability to execute:
- 78% of B2B marketers believe prospects rely on advice from influencers
- 74% agree that influencer marketing improves customer and prospect experiences
- 63% agree that marketing would have better results if it included a B2B influencer marketing program
- Only 19% of B2B marketers are running ongoing influencer marketing programs
- 60% say they don’t have the knowledge to execute or have the right skills in-house to implement ongoing influencer marketing programs
- Only half include a plan for influencer activation in their strategy
“Challenged by declining organic social reach, reduced brand trust and content attention deficit, many B2B marketers are turning to Influencer Marketing for improved credibility, connection and engagement,” said Lee Odden, co-founder and CEO of TopRank Marketing, “The 2020 State of B2B Influencer Marketing Report provides data informed strategies and best practices along with case studies and predictions for the future from the top brand B2B Influencer Marketing practitioners,” continued Odden.
The TopRank Marketing 2020 State of B2B Influencer Marketing Report is available for free download at http://pr.influencermarketingreport.com.