Thanks to the power of social media now, we have a bunch of people enjoying the celebrity-like aura. The rise of social media stardom is a 21st-century phenomenon that began with social media replacing the formal media. What merely started as a simple imitation of celebrities is no longer limited only to celeb like attention but has gone beyond that. The social media stars are now holding a much more important place as social media influencers.
What is the secret behind the popularity of social media influencers?
- The social media stars are less like idols that are distant and detached and more like role models who actually influence people. They shed the celeb-like vibe, and people can actually relate to them.
- They are trendsetters, but these can be generally adopted by all.
- Their stardom is widespread, and they typically have a dedicated audience.
- It is easier for people to connect with them as the influencers make an effort to have regular and direct communication with their followers.
- The followers are introduced to the latest trends.
- As people are more inclined towards using social media, they can connect better with social media influencers than celebrities.
- Influencers are better appreciated by the audience than paid celebrities and advertisements as they come across more genuine.
The rise of powerful social media influencers
- Brand endorsement – the business giants have quickly recognized the power of these social media influencers. Most companies now rely more on social media influencers to endorse their brands. They find new faces to promote the brand and spread the image. The fact that today’s generation connects better with them makes them a popular choice for carrying the brand’s image.
- Promotion of new products in the market – the aim of the brands is addressing the target audience faster and in an effective manner. This is the reason influencers are selected for promoting products that come new in the market. They are believed to create a demand for the product, especially in teens. It has been proven through surveys that most of the loyal followers of these influencers are the teenagers who spend more time in social media.
- Digital marketing – the importance of media in business expansion cannot be negated. The media influencers make this work easier. When big brands are choosing social media influencers to promote their, brand they are accessing the digital platform.
- Smart leaders – social media influencers have the power to draw the attention of thousands. The reason is simple. They engage in meaningful conversations with their followers and are mostly within the reach of those who want to communicate and seek help. They are the smart next-gen leaders.
- Uniqueness – another reason for the popularity of social media influencers is their creativity. They use their exclusive style to promote the product keeping the vision of the brand intact. They blend their unique charm to provide freshness to the promotion.